Skiing in Big Sky, Montana, offers an unrivaled experience. With over 5,800 acres to explore, our region offers big snow, bigger slopes, and some of the best skiing opportunities in America. Bundle up, and read on for tips on how to make the most of your next getaway to Big Sky.
Afterward, take a look at our free Winter Guide to find more fun things to do in the area, including Yellowstone tours, apres-ski activities, and more.
How to Plan the Best Big Sky Skiing Trip
Hit the Slopes at Big Sky Resort
Big Sky Resort is home to some of the best skiing opportunities in America, and it’s only a 15-minute drive from The Wilson Hotel. On average, 400 inches of snow cover this wintry wonderland annually. You can look forward to 5,850+ skiable acres and 4,350 vertical feet among the resort’s four mountains, 36 lifts, and 300+ runs. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, the area has something for everyone. 2,300+ acres of the resort are beginner and intermediate-friendly, and 3,525+ acres are suitable for advanced and expert skiers.
Tips for Your Planning Your Trip
- Save money on your ski passes and lift tickets by purchasing them in advance at the Big Sky Resort website. Remember, children six and under always ski free!
- If you are planning a trip in advance, take a look at the historical Big Sky, Montana, snow report to see what you can expect. Visit the On the Snow website to learn more.
- For those planning a last-minute trip, the Big Sky Tram Cam is a valuable resource. Take a look to see what is happening today!
More Ways to Celebrate Winter
In addition to incredible Big Sky skiing, a variety of other winter activities are available at and near the resort. Here are a few more great ways to make the most of your trip!
- Snowboarding on the vast terrain of Big Sky Resort.
- Snowshoeing tours through Moose Tracks Gully (provided by Big Sky Resort).
- Sleigh rides along the Gallatin River at 320 Ranch from December through March.
- Dog sledding adventures through Big Sky Country with Spirit of the North.
- Yellowstone snow coach tours to Mammoth Hot Springs, Old Faithful, and more.
Fuel Up and Rest at The Wilson Hotel
After an incredible day of Big Sky skiing, head home to your private suite to warm up and refresh. Whether you spend the evening relaxing at our bar and lounge or exploring Big Sky Town Center, you can always look forward to luxurious amenities and spectacular service at The Wilson Hotel. A complimentary breakfast is always included with your stay so that you have the fuel you need for the season’s best activities.
If you’re ready to start planning your next adventure, remember to view our free Winter Guide. We’ll see you on the slopes!
Check out our top-notch guest rooms and suites today!