When it comes to planning a vacation to Yellowstone Country, it always helps to have a few travel tips at hand. There are so many important items that our guests often forget, so The Wilson Hotel is here to help with a complete list of essential Big Sky, Montana travel tips. Grab your suitcase, and check off these items off one-by-one! And, before you hit the open road, remember to view our free activity guides for winter and summer. To save you from hours of research, we filled our guides with recommendations on Big Sky’s best attractions. Planning your getaway to Yellowstone Country couldn’t be easier!
Big Sky, Montana Travel Tips & Your Complete Packing List
Big Sky and Yellowstone Country is a once-in-a-lifetime destination where friends and family can make lifelong memories. Whether you’re planning a ski trip or a summer adventure, don’t let sunburn spoil those moments! Make the most of your vacation by bringing sun protection, no matter what the season. Put these items at the top of your packing list:
- Sunglasses or sun goggles.
- Lip balm with SPF protection.
- Long-sleeve shirts. These will add an extra layer of sun protection for a day spent in the great outdoors. Long sleeves will also protect you from branches if you’re planning a hiking trip!
There are so many ways to explore Big Sky, so remember to dress for the occasion! You can make a splash in our year-round heated pool, enjoy a leisurely hike, or an epic ski adventure at Lone Mountain. Or, sit back and relax in your private suite or our luxurious mountain-view lobby! Make the most of your trip with these clothing essentials.
- A medium-weight jacket for fall.
- A heavy jacket for winter and spring.
- Layers, always. Big Sky has significant temperature swings from daytime highs to nighttime lows. You’ll stay most comfortable with plenty of light layers!
- Tennis shoes, hiking boots, or hiking shoes are a must for exploring Big Sky and Yellowstone on foot.
- If packing for colder weather, find more winter essentials by visiting the Big Sky Visitors Bureau website.
We use our personal items every day, so it’s funny that they are the things we are most likely to forget! Remember these everyday items. If you forget something like toothpaste or shampoo, then no worries. Many of these everyday items are available for you at our front desk.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and other toiletries.
- Any medication/prescriptions.
- A personal first aid kit with bandaids and other essentials.
- A memory card and extra batteries for your camera so that you can take as many pictures as possible!
- Stain remover pens for the clothes you love.
- A laundry bag to keep your suite tidy. Coin-operated washers and dryers are available for all our guests.
- Reusable water bottles.
- Plenty of healthy snacks for the action-packed days you have ahead!
What’s Provided in Your Suite
- Luxury towels, linens, and bedding. If you ever need additional bedding or towels, simply call our front desk and we will have them delivered to your room.
- Your kitchen suite includes a refrigerator and freezer, microwave, coffee maker, dishes, and more.
- Your bathroom includes a hairdryer for your convenience. Please remember to bring any other styling tools that you need.
- If you have any questions about additional amenities included in your suite, please call our reservation desk at (406) 995-9000.
Save Big on Your Big Sky Getaway
As for the number one money-saving travel tip in Big Sky? Book direct at The Wilson Hotel and always enjoy the lowest guaranteed rate. Skip the booking fees, and save your money for Big Sky’s best activities. Now, you’re prepared for the ultimate trip to Yellowstone Country. There’s only one thing left to check off your list of things to do, and that’s securing your suite and travel dates at The Wilson Hotel. With Town Center just outside our doorsteps, along with proximity to West Yellowstone and Big Sky Resort, our incredible location can’t be beat. Comforting amenities, like complimentary breakfast and 24-7 customer service are always included with your stay.
If you are ready to plan your vacation, check our availability today. We hope to host you soon at The Wilson Hotel!