All about spring events in big sky
Date: First Saturday in March
Location: Madison Village Base Area at Big Sky Resort
What’s better than spending time with your furry family member in the snowy mountains of Montana while raising money for a fantastic cause? We can’t think of anything! Each year the Snowshoe Shuffle raises money for Heart of the Valley Animal Shelter with a torch-lit hike, raffle, and hot chili dinner.
- Doggie Welcome Gift, including dog treats, a chew toy, rawhide bone, travel water bowl, Wilson bandana, pick-up bags, and the use of a dog bed during your stay
- Access to 10% off at our local dog-walking service
- A $10 dollar gift card to Beehive Basin Brewery (a local dog-friendly brewery)
- Hiking maps highlighting dog-friendly trails and cross-country skiing trails
$25 of your nightly rate will go towards Stafford Animal Shelter in Livingston, Montana
Location: Big Sky Resort
This annual 3-day Big Sky music festival brings together the best of Montana—mountains, skiing, and fantastic live music! If you’re a bluegrass music fan, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to listen to the glorious sound of banjo pickin’ while breathing in the fresh mountain air and gazing at Big Sky’s unbelievable scenery.
Location: Ambush Headwall at Big Sky Resort
This unique, fun-filled event is one unlike any other. Year after year, thousands of spectators flock to Big Sky and head to the annual Pond Skim to see who will ski, skim, or swim when skiers and riders attempt to cross the pond on skis. This event is free to watch and the perfect way to celebrate the end of the winter season.
Location: Throughout Big Sky
Be sure to book your stay at The Wilson Hotel and hit the slopes and get those late-season turns in! Here at The Wilson Hotel, we’re offering our spring skiers an exclusive package—It’s All About April. This package includes:
- Special rates
- Two complimentary drinks upon arrival from Copper Big Sky or The Market
- Enjoy Après prices daily on drink and food specials at Copper Big Sky (located in The Wilson Hotel lobby)
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from Big Sky Resort
Stay in the Heart of the Excitement at The Wilson Hotel
When you’re visiting our town and experiencing the best spring events in Big Sky, you’ll need somewhere serene and accommodating to rest your head. The Wilson Hotel features world-class amenities, stunning and spacious guest rooms and suites, and convenient access to all of the best things to do and see in the area.
Our Two-Bedroom Suite has everything you need for the ultimate Big Sky getaway. These suites feature two king beds (or one king bed and two queen beds), a fully-functioning kitchen with dishes and silverware, and a large sectional sofa. After your busy day exploring the town, you’ll be grateful to relax in your suite in your pajamas with a glass of wine or some yummy hot chocolate.