Do you crave adrenaline rushes? During your next getaway, you need to try ziplining in Big Sky, Montana. You’ll be able to see the gorgeous scenery from a bird’s eye view while experiencing the heart-pounding adventure of a lifetime. Please keep reading to learn more about how you can go ziplining in Big Sky, Montana.
Soar High and Take in Breathtaking Views at Big Sky Zipline Tours
When you stay at The Wilson Hotel in Big Sky, you’ll be conveniently located near Big Sky Resort, where you can enjoy thrilling ziplining, as well as other sports. Ziplining is an outstanding activity for friends, family, and team building. A friendly, knowledgeable guide is there to help you every step of the way, so there’s no need to be nervous!
Zipline Tours Available at Big Sky Resort:
At Big Sky Resort, you can choose from two unforgettable ziplining experiences.
- Adventure Zipline Tour – If you have the need for speed, then embark on Big Sky Resort’s Adventure Zipline Tour. You’ll begin with a ride on the Explorer Double Chair, where you’ll take in expansive views of Lone Mountain and the Spanish Peaks of the Madison Range. After you’ve reached the top, get ready to fly. You’ll soar down the mountain on four adrenaline-pumping ziplines, which span up to 1500 feet long and 150 feet high. There’s also a Twin Zipline where you can race your fellow adventure zippers.
- Nature Zipline Tour – The gorgeous Nature Zipline Tour begins with a 15-minute scenic hike up Lone Mountain. It features four ziplines ranging from 350 feet to 500 feet in length. You’ll be hanging between 30 and 60 feet in the air! First, you’ll soar over Moose Creek, then Lower Calamity Jane, then Hangmans and Ambush. You’ll end near the end of Middle Road.
Zipline Tours Available at Geyser Whitewater Expeditions:
Geyser Whitewater Expeditions also offers ziplining experiences.
- The Adventure Zip – This is one of the fastest and longest zipline adventures in the West! You will begin with a 15-minute chairlift ride up the slopes. From here, you will embark on a 50 mile per hour adventure over the treetops and canyons of the mountainous terrain. Keep your eyes peeled for moose and deer!
- The Nature Zip – The Nature Zip tour is on the tamer side and you’re closer to the ground, so if you’re nervous or afraid of heights but still want to experience incredible ziplining, this tour is perfect for you. The tour lasts about two hours and features four scenic ziplines.
Info to Know Before You Go:
- Ziplines have age, weight, and height requirements to ensure your safety. Be aware of these restrictions before you arrive.
- Ziplining can be enjoyed year-round, and Montana weather is warm in the summer and cold in the winter. Be sure to dress accordingly.
- To prevent injuries or loss of shoes, wear closed-toed shoes that can be secured.
- Don’t forget to have fun!
Stay in Big Sky at the Wilson Hotel
To stay near the excitement in Big Sky, you need to stay at The Wilson Hotel. Its location makes it the perfect hub for all of the best things to see and do in the area. Our gorgeous hotel is waiting to offer you an unforgettable lodging experience and perfectly blends the thrill of mountain living with the sophistication and functionality of the modern hotel. Each guest suite features artful decor, spacious living, and, most importantly, instant access to all of the most exciting things to do in Gallatin County. Take a look at our availability and start planning your next amazing vacation today. We can’t wait to have you!